While different skin types have different needs – One thing all skin types have in common is the need for moisture. Especially as we age – A good anti aging moisturizer is an absolute beauty essential! Moisturizing does more than just ease dry patches, it actually improves the look of your skin, by temporarily plumping it. If you’re over 40 – A few good rules of thumb when picking an anti aging moisturizer is to look for one that contains an SPF of at least 15. Choose a product that contains high levels of antioxidants to protect your skin from free radicals and to help strengthen your skin. Opt for natural skin care products over products that contain harsh chemicals and perfumey scents. And for optimum skin health and beauty – Apply your moisturizer daily, but don’t over do it, to avoid clogging pores!
There are just an astounding number of anti aging moisurizers to choose from, so I’ve picked a few of my personal favorites as well as top sellers that consistently get high ratings and rave reviews!!!
- Kinerase Cream – Endorsed by Courteney Cox-Arquette, this pharmaceutical grade anti aging cream is one of the top moisturizers sold by Dermatoligists and is an Allure “Best of Beauty” Award Winner! This remarkable topical cream works as well as Renova and Retin-A in helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, but without the skin irritating side effects. Kinerase cream is hypo-allergenic and non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog your pores. It’s perfect for all skin types and is gentle enough for sensitive skin and rosacea. Kinerase Cream is a little pricey, but is currently on sale, so now would be a good time to try it!
- Caudalie (koh-da-lee) Vinoperfect Perfecting Cream SPF 15 – This French skin care line is all natural and used by celebrities like Jennifer Aniston. Vinoperfect perfecting cream is a silky skin brightening cream that contains high levels of powerful antioxidants like grape seed extract and resveratrol (the red wine molecule). This patented forumula has exceptional radiance and complexion enhancing actions that visibly improve dark spots and skin discolorations while helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Can be used on all skin types, but ideal for women with dry skin.
- Ole Henriksen Express the Truth Creme is the newest anti aging wrinkle creme from this exceptional skin care line! Ole Henriksen’s Award Winning Day Spa in Los Angeles services celebrities like Charlize Theron, Renee Zellweger, Cher, Lisa Marie Presley, Matthew McConaughey, and Brendan Fraser to name a few. Formulated with African Red Tea to strengthen the skin and slow the aging process, this truly remarkable antioxidant moisturizer helps combat free radical damage. In addition, it’s natural peptides boost collagen and elastin production and inhibit deep wrinkles from forming while repairing existing ones. Express the Truth Creme is suitable for all skin types and is just one of the seven moisturizers Ole Henriksen has to offer.
- Relastin Ultra Emollient Zinc Firming Complex is a new super-hydrating and nourishing anti aging cream that treats all major signs of aging skin. This vitamin and antioxidant rich formula combined with Relastin’s patent-pending Zinc Firming Complex penetrates deeply, helping the skin produce more collagen and elastin, while peptides visibly reduce fine lines and wrinkles and firm the skin. Relastin is a little more expensive than some creams, but is a best seller and consistently gets high ratings and good reviews. Works well on dry or very dry mature skin.
- Pur~lisse Pur Moist Hydra Balance Moisturizer is pure heaven in a tube! Translated as “pure” and “smooth,” this natural, delicate anti aging moisturizer is infused with Lotus Lupine Peptide Complex, Vitamin E and a secret blend of French Marine Plants. This hydrating formula offers superior anti-inflammatory benefits, destroys free radicals, and prevents the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles leaving you with healthy, supple, dewey skin. Pur~lisse also offers a sun-protection moisturizer called Pur~Protect SPF 30. This light-weight moisturizer protects your skin from premature aging due to daily sun exposure. Pur~lisse skin care products contain no harsh chemicals, artificial colorants, synthetic fragrances and are paraben-free. This pure natural skin care line is one of my favorites and a staff favorite at many skin care and beauty sites!
So, now I hope I haven’t confused you too much as to what moisurizer to try??? Remember, not all moisurizers are created equal! When it comes to picking a moisturizer, a good pharmaceutical-grade skin care product (like the products above) are going to cost a little more than the typical cosmetic-grade over the counter brands that you find at the grocery and drug store. The pharmaceutical-grade moisturizers contain
much higher levels of antioxidants and anti aging ingredients to repair and protect the skin than the less expensive brands. I think you’ll find the anti aging benefits and visible results you see and feel are well worth the extra investment! The results really do speak for themselves! So, depending on your budget, always opt for the best moisturizer you can afford!
My personal favorites and top recommendations that I have used and loved are… Pur~lisse, Kinerase, and while I haven’t tried the new Ole Henriksen moisturizer I listed, yet…I am a huge fan of Ole Henriksen products!!!